Kiambu Governer Ferdinand Waititu and his wife Susan Wangari Ndung’u, have been arraigned in court today, alongside six suspects over alleged embezzlement of ksh588 million from the county.
The Governor, his wife and six other suspects have been taken to Milimani law courts on Monday.
On Sunday, they appeared before Anti Ethics and Corruption Commission (EACC), two days after the Director of Public Prosecutions Noordin Haji had ordered for their arrest.
Governor Waititu, his wife and 11 others are accused of misappropriating millions of County Funds through irregular procurement of tenders for the improving of various roads in Kiambu county.
Here is a full list of suspects accused alongside the governor:
- Ferdinand Ndung’u Waititu Babayo (Kiambu Governor, Director Saika Two Estate Developers Ltd, Director Bienvue Delta Hotel)
- Susan Wangari Ndung’u (Director Bienvue Delta Hotel)
- Eng. Lukas Wahinya (Chief Officer Roads, Kiambu County
- Zakary Njenga Mbugua (Evaluation Committee member, Kiambu County)
- Joyce Ng’ina Musyoka (Evaluation Committee member, Kiambu County)
- Simon Kabocho Kang’ethe (Evaluation Committee member, Kiambu County)
- Anselm Gachukia Wanjiku (Evaluation Committee member, Kiambu County)
- Samuel Muigai Mugo (Evaluation Committee member, Kiambu County)
- Charles Chege Mbuthia (Director Testimony Enterprises Ltd)
- Beth Wangeci Mburu (Director Testimony Enterprises Ltd
- Testimony Enterprises Ltd
- Saika Two Estate Developers Ltd
- Bienvue Delta Hot